Who is Gen Z
It is not a secret that Generation Z - Gen Z is different from millennials. People who belong to Gen Z were born in the late 90s (1997) - early two thousand. But it's not possible to have a clear line between generations it all depends on a variety of factors. This generation is completely different. Gen Z has been developing with technologies and they have been affected by the Great recession. Besides, they still must deal with covid nineteen pandemic and climate change. iGeneration (another way to say Gen Z) is the most diverse generation of all. Because of that, it is difficult to target and market this generation. Generation Z is being the first one to be digital. They spend more time online on different gadgets than offline.How Gen Z is different from millennials?
For quite a long-time marketing team did not differentiate millennials and Gen Z for their campaigns. Even tho they are so different. for example, even because millennials are people born between 1981 to 1996. So, let look at some facts about these two generations:
Main points in marketing to Gen Z
- As it was mentioned before Gen Z is more diverse racially and ethnically
- More people who belong to Gen Z have post-secondary education. More Gen Z is concerned about the price of this education.
- Gen Z is more liberal-leaning than millennials
- Generation Z has different life goals and values. For example, flexibility and freedom of action, speech, etc.
1. Use a lot of visual content and collaborate with influencers.
Working with influencers is the best way to channel information about your product or service. Influencers are people their followers trust and ask for an opinion. And visual content such as videos or pictures is a simple and great way to market your company.
2. Create the content on the most useful platforms by Gen Z.
This point is close to the first one. With Gen Z it is important to analyze popular platforms
- Tik Tok
- Snapchat etc.
Analyze the type of content on those social media platforms.
With the rise of tik tok, the most popular type of content is short videos. This format is a great tool for marketing Gen Z in social media.3. Have a great story and values
It is important to have a good company story and values as well as a mission
. Especially when marketing Gen Z - it needs to be close to Generation Z values. Your brand should be shown and advertised transparently as well as it should be trustworthy. It will help customers- Gen Z is more interested in the brand and purchasing its products.
For example, let's look at a new cosmetic brand. Their target audience is Gen Z. This brand should pay more attention to details. They need to be transparent about the labor they use if the products are being tested on animals, or where they manufacture them.4. Stay informative but entertain at the same time.
It is not a secret that young people enjoy being entertained. Gen Z follows creators whose content is informative and entertaining. If the content is not interesting, funny, or exciting it most likely will not get a lot of views. Of course, let’s not forget about drama but it is not a great way to advertise yourself. It is easy to find Gen Zs habits and the way they make jokes and after-shape your content and marketing ads for it.5. Try to be exclusive
Make your Gen Z customer feel like they get an exclusive deal. Create sales and discounts for them that will be only available if a certain thing will be done. It will help the to pay more attention to the brand and they will most likely buy a product with a discount.6. Speak the same language
Nowadays with the internet, Gen Z creates new words and phrases often. So, to be on the same page do not forget to slay.
It is important to use words from their vocabulary to blend in with them and be more trustworthy in a way. But do not try too hard or it will be cringe.How to make the best campaign for Gen Z
- Be creative. Use references to different movies, news, and events when making campaigns for Gen Z.
- But be sure that they are familiar with this event or thing. Also do not hesitate to create funny content and post it on social media.
- Use online platforms more for your campaigns. It was already mentioned in this article that Gen Z spends a lot of time on their phone and being present online. Those online platforms and websites are great places for your marketing campaigns.
- Do not be afraid to involve people in marketing. Listen to what they have to say and learn from them. With gaining more followers and supporters for your brand as well as trust and fame.
- Collaborate with the people who generation Z loves. Find their favorite artists, singers, tictokers, and insta stars. Find the best suitable person for your marketing campaign and go for it. You will certainly attract a lot of attention to your brand.
- And of course, if you want to be as close as possible to Gen Z and understand them - hire a Gen Z marketer. It is the best decision since they know all the trends and platforms where most Gen Z are. These young talents have a lot of knowledge in marketing. They interact with it every day hundreds of times due to spending time on the internet.
Save your time and money on marketing campaigns for Gen Z.
Match with the best marketer for your goals in Martekings and do not worry about your generation Z campaign. Book a call now!